Learn JIRA With Real-World Examples (+Confluence Bonus)
Learn to work on, manage & administer agile projects with this comprehensive course on JIRA Software & Confluence
What you’ll learn
- Understand what JIRA is, benefits of JIRA and how to use JIRA
- Understand Scrum – the stakeholders, events and overall flow of work
- Understand Kanban flow of work
- Use JIRA as a user working within an agile team – creating, working on and searching for issues, customizing dashboards etc.
- Use JIRA as a manager of an agile team – configuring agile boards, managing the backlog, sprints and releases etc.
- Administer all aspects of JIRA – create users, groups, set permissions, configure issue types, screens, fields, workflows etc.
- Use examples presented in this course to customize and use JIRA based on your own unique needs
- Get ideas (through examples presented in the course) on how JIRA can be utilized for different scenarios or situations
- Learn the basics of Confluence
- Learn how you can use both JIRA and Confluence together to work better and be more productive in general
- There is no pre-requisite knowledge required to take this course.
- If you’re looking to practice or follow along with the videos, you would need access to a Jira Cloud instance via a web browser
This course walks through all the core features and concepts of JIRA with real-world examples and has been catered for general users, managers and admins. Updated as of June 2020, it incorporates and uses some of the latest features released for JIRA Software on Cloud (standard version).
Plus bonus Confluence content – learn how to use Confluence and how to take advantage of it in tandem with JIRA.
JIRA is a very comprehensive tool and one of the most popular agile project management tools out there. When used and configured correctly, it will help you work smarter, faster and more efficiently.
WHY TAKE THE COURSE:
- Learn the most important characteristics of Scrum and Kanban agile methodologies
- Cover all the main aspects of JIRA including working within an agile team, leading an agile team, and administering the main things that make up JIRA
- Real-world examples including
- How to manage your daily task-list via a daily scrum-based process
- Configure permissions and projects for internal team members, as well as external members (Eg: consultants, customers etc)
- JIRA allows you to create stories and epics for agile projects – learn how to create another issue type used in agile called Spike and create custom screens, fields and workflows for this new issue type.
- Modify the default software development workflow to include steps for QA
- How to manage multiple teams working on the same projects via multiple agile boards catered to each team
- Support – I am only a message away from answering any questions you might have
STRUCTURE OF THE COURSE:
- Agile Concepts – Goes into detail with Scrum and Kanban methodologies. By the end of the section, you’ll have a full refresher on these methodologies as I made sure I hit the most important notes when it comes to how they work.
- Working within an agile team – Get your first look at navigating the Jira user interface and learn how to create issues, work on issues through the agile boards, search for issues, create custom dashboards to see whats happening in Jira and other functions beneficial to any agile team member.
- Leading an agile team –Configuring and managing agile boards, creating and maintaining the backlog as well as starting and ending sprints and creating releases. All these steps stay true to the agile steps described in the prior section.
- Jira Administration – Goes over all the main administration sections and each part has an example that you can use to follow along with. By the end of this section, you will understand all the customizable aspects of Jira and be able to cater your own instance to fit your own specific needs.
- Next-Gen Projects – a section that dives into the versatile next-gen projects in Jira and all its capabilities
- Real-world examples, scenarios and bonus content – This is where I show you how I use Jira to track and forecast my personal day-to-day tasklist, while using a daily scrum-based process, among other examples.
- Confluence – Jira’s best friend when it comes to managing content
Bottom line is that I tried to make this course a comprehensive guide to Jira that anyone would need to either get introduced to JIRA or get fully up to speed with the basic concepts and features. I feel the best way of learning something is by example. And so I put in a lot of content explaining the features and concepts with examples and am continuously working on adding more examples and scenarios to share my experience and knowledge in using JIRA within the real world.
I’ll be here to help answer any questions you might have along the way.
Who this course is for:
- Anyone who is looking for an agile project management tool
- Anyone looking to get introduced to Jira and Confluence and learn about how they work
- Anyone who is looking to understand all features and concepts of Jira & Confluence and get up to speed with using and administering them for their teams
- Anyone looking for examples on how Jira can be used for agile teams and/or ideas on how to take advantage of Jira for various scenarios
Created by Kosh Sarkar
Last updated 9/2020
Size: 4.10 GB