Master and learn react in 3 hours! Beginner course on how to create an IMDB style real world Web Application in React.js
What you’ll learn
- Build an entire real world Web App from start to finish
- Use Create-React-App as a base
- The basics of React ( reactjs )
- State, Props and the flow between components
- A lot of ES6 Syntax
- Create and use React Components
- Connect to an external API
- Routing with React Router
- Deploy the finished App
- Use Local Storage to keep state
- Basic coding principles
- HTML and CSS (CSS not that important)
In this course you will learn how to master React. We’ll build a light version of an IMDB style React DB Web Application and dive straight into creating our app and gradually learn more until we reach the finish. My main goal with this course is to mix fun with teaching. There’s many tutorials and courses out there that are great but too complex and focus on a lot at the same time. I’m a great movie lover myself so therefore I thought it would be fun to create a web application based on movie data for this course. Hope you enjoy it too!
Please make sure to download the STARTER FILES from the resources!
PLEASE NOTE! We’re using a free API key from The Movie Database in this course. This is a great API with a lot of information about Movies and TV Series. Please note that I can not guarantee that the API key i have provided for the course will work forever. Therefore I will not take responsibility for this. I strongly recommend you to get your own free API key from The Movie Database. Just register for a free account at The Movie Database and go to your account setting area and select API in the menu. There you can register for your own free API key.
In this course you’ll learn:
– What is React?
– Setup the React development environment
– Components, props and state
– JSX syntax and expressions
– Fetching data from an external API
– Lifecycle Methods
– Use Create-React-App
– Deploy the finished App
– ES6+ concepts and syntax
– Use Local Storage to keep stateWho is the target audience?
- Coders who want to learn React
Created by Thomas Weibenfalk
Last updated 9/2018
Size: 1.83 GB