Hands-On Python GUI Programming using tkinter to build desktop applications
What you’ll learn
- Create amazing GUIs with Python’s built-in Tkinter module
- Customize the GUIs by using layout managers to arrange the GUI widgets
- Build a contacts database GUI App
- Build a Currency Converter GUI App
- Build a Loan Calculator GUI App
- Build a Music Player GUI App
- Build a digital clock GUI App
- Build a video to mp3 converter GUI App
- Computer with internet access required.
- Basic knowledge of Python is advised.
Python is a multi-domain, interpreted programming language. It is a widely used general-purpose, high-level programming language. It is often used as a scripting language because of its forgiving syntax and compatibility with a wide variety of different eco-systems. Its flexible syntax enables developers to write short scripts while at the same time, they can use object-oriented concepts to develop very large projects.
Tkinter is the de facto way in Python to create Graphical User interfaces (GUIs) and is included in all standard Python Distributions. In fact, it’s the only framework built into the Python standard library.
This Python framework provides an interface to the Tk toolkit and works as a thin object-oriented layer on top of Tk. The Tk toolkit is a cross-platform collection of ‘graphical control elements’, aka widgets, for building application interfaces.
Tkinter module provides Python users with a simple way to create GUI elements using the widgets found in the Tk toolkit. Tk widgets can be used to construct buttons, menus, data fields, etc. in a Python application. Once created, these graphical elements can be associated with or interact with features, functionality, methods, data or even other widgets.
Tkinter provides various controls, such as buttons, labels and text boxes used in a GUI application. These controls are commonly called widgets.
Who this course is for:
- Beginners to GUI App Development with Python
Created by Bluelime Learning Solutions
Last updated 7/2021
Size: 2.07 GB