Leadership, management techniques and communication skills based on research from neuroscience to social psychology
What you’ll learn
- Discover a groundbreaking model of Leadership that will help me manage myself and others
- Recognize how our genetic programming influences our behavior and how to deal with that in ourselves and in others
- Connect with my team: Learn the distinction between lasting and temporary motivations. Find out an easy way to figure out what truly motivates them, then use that knowledge to improve the quality of their work and their engagement.
- Effectively engage problematic behavior born out of cognitive biases and subconscious belief systems
- Improve hiring protocols by recognizing potential pitfalls
- Improve coaching skills through powerful communication tools
- Learn how to fire up engagement in my team, buy using two secret ingredients
- Learn how to deal with issues such as workaholism, bullying, sexism, racism, …
- Learn how to switch to my prefrontal brain and gain self-control, adaptation, willpower, focus, but also creativity and problem solving abilities . learn how to switch in just a couple of minutes and help others to access their prefrontal as well
- Generate trust, create a solid team, and boost performance
- Improve change processes, meetings and brainstorming sessions
- Boost loyalty and stop my people to go to the competition
- And much more …
- A keen interest in human behavior is the only real prerequisite for this course
- No previous knowledge required – I will take you step by step through the different concepts, models and brainstructures presented in the course
- No specific materials are needed for this course. Taking notes is recommended
CPE Accredited course (Continuing Professional Education)
If you are a manager or entrepreneur in charge of a team, this course is for you.
This course has the ambition to build a bridge between a century of science and 21st century managers. A bridge between how our brain works and how to use that knowledge to improve our communication and leadership abilities.
To understand how and why Leadership works, we first need to understand what triggers us. We’ll be diving deep into our subconscious motivational processes. We’ll have a look at our brain, call it our ‘hardware’ and the subconscious programs running in it, that’s basically our software.
So expect tools, concrete and simple tools that you will be able to use right away with your team and colleagues. In the end, the aim of this course is to open the way for a new understanding of motivation and communication, towards a new, highly effective and sustainable model for leadership in this 21st century.
But most of all, by the end of this course, my aim is that you, as a manager, as a leader, will have understood what a crucial role you play in your team and in its success. And that you will be able to leverage that knowledge and guide your team to a new level of collaboration and engagement.
The Science behind the course…
I will provide a framework based on the latest insights in cognitive psychology and related fields. Within this framework I will present you studies, research and experiments on human behavior and I will show you how they apply to leadership and team management.
Behavioral sciences have gained an increased understanding of who we are as a species, what motivates us, what de-motivates us. Why we follow some people, and why we seemingly contradict ourselves so often.
The insights gained through social psychology, ethology, cognitive sciences and more recently the rapid breakthroughs in neurosciences thanks to MRI’s and advances in neuro-imagery, have given science a whole new understanding of who we are as human beings.
But then, when we look at the corporate world and management styles, there’s like this huge gap between both worlds.
Now this course, the Science of Leadership, aims to build a bridge between both. Giving managers the understanding of what drives their teams, and the tools to act upon it.
- Discover a groundbreaking model – and manage yourself and others
- Connect with your team – and discover what truly motivates them
- Improve your coaching skills – through powerful communication tools
- Fire up engagement in your team – by using two secret ingredients
- Generate trust – and boost performance
- Boost loyalty – and stop your people from going to your competitors
- And So Much More… such as genetics, cognitive biases, subconscious belief systems, hiring protocols, sexism, bullying, change processes, brainstorming, meetings and so on …
CPE (Continuing Professional Education)
- Recognize the 3 main subconscious influencers of human behaviour
- Recognize how 4 brain structures influence our decision-making process
- Differentiate between intrinsic and extrinsic motivations
- Identify the most important brain chemicals involved in employee engagement
- Identify cognitive biases negatively affecting team performance
- Identify the most influential studies on how our social environment affects our behaviour
- Understand the consequences of communicating in different mental modes
For more information regarding administrative policies, please contact our support using the Help and Support link at the bottom of this page.
Who this course is for:
- Managers in charge of a team
- Managers looking for tools and insights to manage their team
- Professionals who want to improve on their people skills
- Professionals who want to learn more about human behavior
Created by Gregory Caremans – Brain Academy
Last updated 4/2021
Size: 1.39 GB